How To Retrain Learners
We have built a convenient Retraining function into your Dashboard that will allow you to Retrain your Learners in just a few simple steps.
By using the Retraining List, you will be able to:
- See which Learners are due for Retraining based on previous course assignments
- Confirm their current Group and Retraining Course assignment
- Assign their new course, archive their previous course, and send Notifications
Please make sure to check the Prerequisites section below before beginning to ensure your account is ready to use the Retraining function.
The list below will display Learners that the system has identified as due for Retraining, as well as their previous course assignments, the current Group the Learner is in, and the associated course that will be assigned for Retraining:
Review the list to ensure:
- Learners are in the correct Groups
- Groups have the correct courses
- Learners will be assigned the correct courses for Retraining
If you need to make any changes, you can go to your Company Settings -> Groups page or to your Users list as needed, and then return here.
- Select the Learners you wish to Retrain from the List, then click "Retrain Selected Learners" at the top of the page.
- Select to either Notify the User/s Now or Later.
- Selecting Notify Now will send selected User/s their Notification Email.
- Selecting Notify Later will not send any notice to Users. Admins can manually send the Notification email at any time either via the Users or Dashboard tabs using the Notify function. (Please note there will be no way to bulk notify this exact subset of learners after dismissing this screen.)
Approving, Notifying and Re-Notifying Learners
- Courses assigned for retraining will be determined by the Group the Learner is in.
- Make sure all Groups are up to date. For example, if a Learner has been promoted between the 1st and 2nd rounds of training, you will need to update the Learner's Group assignment from "Employee" to "Manager"
- Groups must have the correct course/s assigned.
- Make sure Group Due Dates are NOT assigned via Calendar date selection (if you need assistance, contact Kantola Support to update this setting)
- Licenses: You must have enough Licenses available to reassign training to the selected users. Licenses can be reviewed and purchased via the Licenses tab of your Admin account.
- Issue: Not Enough Licenses
- Suggestions to Resolve:
- Review your Groups. Please make sure the correct course/s is assigned to each group. Only select the appropriate version for each group.
- Purchase additional Licenses via your Licenses Tab or contact your Account Manager.
- Suggestions to Resolve:
- How can I adjust the retraining schedule?
- Suggested retraining dates are defaulted to the specific Jurisdiction training requirements. However, you can adjust these by using the Retraining Frequency option via the Company Settings tab > Available Courses page:
Notifications are sent to Contact Administrators based on your retraining settings. These settings can be adjusted via the Company Settings Tab > Retraining
- Go to your Users tab -> Find the user you wish to update
- Click the "Archive" (X) Button
- On the resulting pop up, select "Keep the user to assign more courses" (This will archive the old course activity, and leave the user in your account so you can assign them new courses)
- Now, back on the Users tab, once again locate the user and click the Course Assignment button (Graduation cap icon)
- Assign the desired course(s) -> Click Save
- Once the course has been reassigned, you can use the "Notify" function (Envelope icon) to resend the notification email to the Learner
- Go to your Users Tab and select "Add User" -> "Upload Users"
- Follow the directions to download the template so you may upload a list of users. For more information on specific steps for Bulk Uploads, Click Here
- Once you have prepared the list of users you wish to reassign training to in the Bulk Upload spreadsheet template, return to the Bulk Upload page, and use the Choose File button to select the appropriate file.
- Set "Duplicate Processing" to "Archive" (this will find any duplicates between your spreadsheet and the existing list of Learners, Archive their old activity, and then re-assign the training as if they were a new Learner)
- Click the Check button, and once the spreadsheet check has completed and there are no errors, use the Upload button to complete the upload.
- On the resulting Batch Upload Details page, you can Approve and Notify the newly uploaded Learners, or you can skip for now and do so later from your Users tab
- Go to your Users tab -> use the "Bulk Actions" checkbox at the top of the Users list to select all users (make sure to exclude yourself or any other Admins who do not require retraining)
- Select Archive
- On the resulting pop up, select "Remove Users" (Your existing user training data will not be deleted, but will be "Archived" can can be found in the Dashboard)
- You may also choose to "Keep the user(s) to assign more courses". This will retain the existing list of Learners, and you can then assign new courses to them using Groups or the bulk Assign Courses feature on the Users tab.
- If you selected Remove users, you can now go back to the Users tab and select "Add User" -> "Upload Users"
- Use the "Bulk Upload" feature to re-upload your updated user list from your device
- Once the new set of Learners has been uploaded and the new courses assigned, use the "Notify" function to resend notification emails as needed
Notes: Make sure to double-check Due Dates and Email Settings before re-notifying your learners. If you have multiple pages of users, you will need to re-notify the users on each page.