Some organizations may find the need to re-train Learners for compliance reasons or other training purposes.
- Once a Learner has completed a course that is assigned to them, that course is considered "complete"
- A Learner may review completed courses as many times as they like (reviewing a course does not get recorded as a new completion, and therefore is not considered "retraining")
- If you need to reassign the same course to the Learner for re-training, you will first need to 'Archive' the old course activity
- Then you will be able to reassign the course (Learners cannot have the same course assigned twice at the same time)
- When the user completes this re-assigned course, they will have a new completion recorded in the system and you will see multiple completion records in your Dashboard
- Note: If you are assigning a course the Learner has not taken before you do not need to follow the steps above, as you can just assign the new course to the user
You can archive courses for retraining to users one at a time, or using the bulk actions and upload tools. Please see below for steps on reassigning training based on your needs:
- Go to your Users tab -> Find the user you wish to update
- Click the "Archive" (X) Button
- On the resulting pop up, select "Keep the user to assign more courses" (This will archive the old course activity, and leave the user in your account so you can assign them new courses)
- Now, back on the Users tab, once again locate the user and click the Course Assignment button (Graduation cap icon)
- Assign the desired course(s) -> Click Save
- Once the course has been reassigned, you can use the "Notify" function (Envelope icon) to resend the notification email to the Learner
- Go to your Users Tab and select "Add User" -> "Upload Users"
- Follow the directions to download the template so you may upload a list of users. For more information on specific steps for Bulk Uploads, Click Here
- Once you have prepared the list of users you wish to reassign training to in the Bulk Upload spreadsheet template, return to the Bulk Upload page, and use the Choose File button to select the appropriate file.
- Set "Duplicate Processing" to "Archive" (this will find any duplicates between your spreadsheet and the existing list of Learners, Archive their old activity, and then re-assign the training as if they were a new Learner)
- Click the Check button, and once the spreadsheet check has completed and there are no errors, use the Upload button to complete the upload.
- On the resulting Batch Upload Details page, you can Approve and Notify the newly uploaded Learners, or you can skip for now and do so later from your Users tab
- Go to your Users tab -> use the "Bulk Actions" checkbox at the top of the Users list to select all users (make sure to exclude yourself or any other Admins who do not require retraining)
- Select Archive
- On the resulting pop up, select "Remove Users" (Your existing user training data will not be deleted, but will be "Archived" can can be found in the Dashboard)
- You may also choose to "Keep the user(s) to assign more courses". This will retain the existing list of Learners, and you can then assign new courses to them using Groups or the bulk Assign Courses feature on the Users tab.
- If you selected Remove users, you can now go back to the Users tab and select "Add User" -> "Upload Users"
- Use the "Bulk Upload" feature to re-upload your updated user list from your device
- Once the new set of Learners has been uploaded and the new courses assigned, use the "Notify" function to resend notification emails as needed
Notes: Make sure to double-check Due Dates and Email Settings before re-notifying your learners. If you have multiple pages of users, you will need to re-notify the users on each page.
- Annual Training: In this method you will remove your entire user list and allow you to re-upload a new list of users for retraining. Please follow steps above for "All Users (Clean Slate)"
Anniversary Date Training: This method will reassign training based on the anniversary date of a Learner's previously completed course.
- Change "Assigned Date" to "Retraining Target Date"
- NOTE: You can adjust the Retraining Target Date by adjusting the "Retraining Frequency" option on your Company Settings tab. This will determine how often you would like Learners to be due for retraining. More Information
- Adjust date range to the dates you would like to retrain learners (IE Date users should retake training)
- Check boxes to include "Archived Courses" to include courses that could have been removed or archived. If you are moving to a new training course, include Archived Courses in your search filters
- Once the desired filters are set, click the "Apply" button to update the below list.